Student Science Literacy Workshops
Audience: High School Students
Details: The workshop is free. PSBR and the hosting facility cover the cost of the workshop. PSBR provides reimbursement for the cost of renting a bus to transport students to and from the chosen facility.
The Workshop Includes:
1. Presentations and interactive discussions with researchers
2. A tour of laboratory and animal housing facilities
3. Materials to bring back to the classroom
1. Increase awareness of the benefits (to both humans and animals) of the use of animals in biomedical research.
2. Increase understanding of the humane and responsible use of animals in research.
3. Increase student awareness of the many possible science and biomedical career options.
4. Provide participants the opportunity to interact with science.
To schedule a workshop, please fill out the Student Workshop Registration Form.