The 2018 Animal Research Education & Awareness (AREA) program at TriBranch will promote the benefits and importance of laboratory animal science and biomedical research to high school students and their teachers. This program is being provided with support from PSBR, NJABR, NJ AALAS, DVB AALAS, MetroNY AALAS, and the 2017 TriBranch Committee.
WE ARE IN NEED OF:
- COMPANIES TO SPONSOR THE PROGRAM
- TOUR GUIDE VOLUNTEERS
WHAT'S IN IT FOR EXHIBITING COMPANIES?
- Pride in knowing you have made a positive impact on the lives of children interested in science and medicine.
- Knowledge that teachers will use knowledge they learned from you to educate more students for years to come.
- Gratification in knowing you introduced potential, future employees to careers in lab animal science.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR THE STUDENTS?
- Exposure to the “real” world of caring for animals in research (not that of TV, movies, and other propaganda).
- Introduction to a wide variety of career opportunities in the biomedical research field.
- Enlightenment to the amount of care and compassion lab animal professionals possess.
- Excitement of attending a learning event unlike any they have probably ever attended before.
HOW COMPANIES CAN PARTICIPATE:
- Answering an “exam” question at your booth for the students as they take a tour of the Exhibit Hall.
- Conducting short demonstrations or other interactive opportunities at your booth (less than 5 minutes).
- Providing promotional items/gifts such as pens, stuffed animals, key chains, etc. (less than $5 value), that can be given to 50 students as they tour the Exhibit Hall.
- Volunteering other ideas to enrich this opportunity for the students.
HOW THE AREA PROGRAM WORKS:
The event will be held on Tuesday, June 6th, and includes classroom presentations and activities followed by guided tours of students through the Exhibit Hall from approximately 1:00pm – 3:00pm. Small groups of students will stop by booths of participating companies to learn about the company and its role in laboratory animal science while getting answers to their exam questions.
CLICK HERE to register your company
We are in need of volunteers to guide the students through the exhibit hall where they will be stopping by booths of participating companies to learn about the company and its role in laboratory animal science while getting answers to their exam questions from approximately 1:00pm – 3:00pm. Click here to sign-up.